Thursday, July 23, 2009

How was my day, you ask?

I was watching Asia Uncut, and Harith Iskandar was interviewed and he said ask a woman how was her day, and she WILL tell you. That was funny.

That is true. Ask a man how was his day, he would say the clients were not too happy with the presentation and he had lunch with his boss to discuss 2 accounts that were not doing too well and that’s it. Oh well, he might add that the steak he ordered was cooked very well and suggest we go there sometime.

Now, ask a woman how was her day, is like opening a can of worms. Be prepared for a 15 minute uninterrupted solo communication on how her day went.

Mine always starts with, Oh my god, you know what happened? Sometimes when I say that, I look into my bf’s eyes and can tell he really doesn’t want to know but I decide ignorance is always bliss in instances like this.

So I proceed to tell him how some bitch cut me off while I was driving and nearly caused me an accident and when I reached the car park, the silly attendant had no change and that annoyed me. While walking to office, I bumped into Sarah and she was telling me of the MNG sale, which reminds me we have to go there for awhile after dinner, I want to check if that grey maxi dress is still available.

So back to my day, when we headed off to the office, I got pissed with my HR dept because they did not calculate my commission and when I went to speak to them they pushed to me to the payroll, by then I was so angry I gave Rebecca from payroll a earful.

Work load was alright but the secretary screwed up my files but because she’s pregnant I excused her. Btw, guess what I found out? Peter and Jane hooked up last nite. Michelle came to my table and said she saw them holding hands, of course when she asked them about it today, they completely denied it, but honestly I have seen them taking lunches and occasionally working late together, there should be something, I have to investigate that now.

Michelle, Sarah and I decided to go to KLCC for lunch so I went to Starbucks and got a salad, we went to look for shoes after that but there were too many people so we decided to skip it.

After that, work was not too bad, just some calls from disgruntled clients and I had to sort it out. Then had a meeting with the boss to discuss the marketing plans for the next quarter. Thank heavens boss was in a good mood so it went alrite. Then Kathy came over with some biscuits she got from London. Goodness they were so yummy and there goes my diet.

After that my boss called me in to discuss the budgets and by the time it was done it was already 6pm and time to head home. The guys invited me out for a drink but I told them I was having dinner with you. Oh, Jane says hi by the way.

So, the next time you ask a girl how was her day….well let’s just say you have been warned.

11 comments:

  1. haha, Deeps this is hilarious.

    You're absolutely right, you know. When he asks, I find myself giving my partner a detailed breakdown of my day - sometimes with a play-by-play commentary and scene reenactments!

    And when i ask him about his day, his standard reply will be: "It was alright".

    Haha, Men!

    Good post Deeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl, good to know. I think all or not most women do this :) You are not alone honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All women does this to the extend that men can just sleep off or take a nap and it's still not over. yup -well said

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahha good 1.
    its natural dowh

    ReplyDelete
  5. i must be a man then.. cause whenever my bf's asks me 'how was your day love?' it is usually met with a reply like this 'it was ok. i'm hungry. now where's the beer? and pass me the joystick to the PS3'LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha, you must be one of those rare ones that every men wished their girlfriend's reply would be like

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah i tend to do this too! but usually when the day is terrible and i need to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really???? Cuz I do this all the time, regardless of good or bad day. A woman always has a story to tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Maya!!! she would be every man's dream come true...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha ha, yes she would be but unfortunately she's taken, next pit stop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. who is she again :P
    taken only what....not married yet i assume. still got chance. hahaha....just joking

    ReplyDelete