Friday, June 26, 2009

Vanity is our downfall

You have a bad day, your boss is mad at you, you realize you got a letter form the IRS and your tax is due, the heater isn’t working this morning, you broke a heel and the worse thing to hit us all………………ran out of compact powder!!

Hell breaks loose; could things get any worse then not having something to apply on our faces before we head off to work? I admit, I am no Kate Moss or Gisele Bundchen but darn it I have every right to look fabulous each time I walk out the door.

Which brings me…what is our obsession? Every woman has a thing – lipsticks, high heels, handbags, eye shadows, skirts, knickers etc. There’s always something that makes a woman go weak in the knees, something that we cannot say no to, breaks all our defenses, forces us to plunge in and buy it!!

I have a thing too – sneakers! I wish I could buy up all Stan Smith’s series…..absolute fab!!

So what makes you go weak in the knee? Is it the MNG sale, the MAC’s autumn line, the latest CK’s perfume range? No matter what, all logic fails and we head over to the counter convincing ourselves we MUST get that dress else when the world is heading to its annihilation we’ve got nothing pretty to wear. It’s a wonder why men never get us!

No comments:

Post a Comment