Tuesday, December 15, 2009

To be or not to be


First impressions always count whether you are on a date, to get that job, meeting your future in laws, meeting his friends, applying for a bank loan etc. Yes! First impressions count and you can forget the I-expect-them-to-accept-me-for-who-I-am belief.

I for one am a girl who believes in comfort. Give me a pair of sneakers and jeans and I could go for any occasions with it. Have you ever realised how uncomfortable women’s clothes are? You have to be careful when wearing a short skirt, you don’t want to catch a draft when bending over or crossing your legs. What about plunging or wide necklines, you move a little forward and the one in front of you gets a full display of today’s bra and not forgetting the agonizing 5 inch heels that kills your feet and your back. Heck! the only 5 inches I want is not on my feet but in my sheets

Back to first impressions, so if you want that high end job or meeting your in-laws, you can’t get away with an orange coloured Adidas sneakers and a cool t-shirt that says slacker on it. No, because as much as people claim you should be true to yourself, not many of us can get away with being true to ourselves.

As a woman and especially as a woman, we always have to watch what we say, be careful when we eat, how we sit and have proper manners all the time. I just look forward to the time I can just stretch my legs, kick off those heels and throw out the please, excuse me’s and thank you’s and cuss anywhere and anytime I like.

So when can we get to be who we are? In the comfort of our own personal time and with a woman’s schedule, yeah …you can only pray you have 36 hours in a day.

5 comments:

  1. "the only 5 inches I want is not on my feet but in my sheets" - hehehe...that got me smiling. Only 5 inches uh deeps :P

    "you can only pray you have 36 hours in a day." - why 36 hours uh?

    As much as we try our best to be true to ourselves, the harder it gets. Yeap. its all about first impressions but you could screw it all by saying screw you but how many times you will find someone to really accept the true u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, you are right....5 inches is a bit too short :P

    36? Just a number I plucked out of the sky

    you could screw it all by saying screw you but how many times you will find someone to really accept the true u? - I AGREE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who the hell is dan? you're playing truant behind me eh

    ReplyDelete